- Assemble your Freeduino:
- INSTRUCTIONS: http://mcukits.com/2009/03/12/assembling-the-freeduino-board-kit/
- verify values of resistors and capacitors (see charts in Practical Electronics for Inventors)
- check polarity (+/-) on capacitors, LEDs
- care with soldering
- Download and install latest Arduino software (0017 as of 1/5/2010): http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Assignment: Assembled, functioning Freeduino, communicating with computer, able to upload test sketches, before next class.
- NOTE: We have a newer, beefier processor than the original Arduino. You need to tell the Arduino software this.
- (if you had problems uploading, this may have been why)
- In the Arduino software, under Tools->Board, select the Duemilanove w/ Atmega 328.