rule-based book generation from databases of rich media material, painstakingly acquired.
An autopoietic machine is a machine organized (defined as a unity) as a network of processes of production (transformation and destruction) of components which: (i) through their interactions and transformations continuously regenerate and realize the network of processes (relations) that produced them; and (ii) constitute it (the machine) as a concrete unity in space in which they (the components) exist by specifying the topological domain of its realization as such a network.
[...] the space defined by an autopoietic system is self-contained and cannot be described by using dimensions that define another space. When we refer to our interactions with a concrete autopoietic system, however, we project this system on the space of our manipulations and make a description of this projection.
- Printing a book from CSS 
- apache xml->graphics group http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/
- Things I have acquired, painstakingly.
- 13x11 in, hardcover, $79.95 100lb silk finish, custom logo
- 5x8, soft, 120 pages, $6.95.
- 8.25x10.75 in, hardcover casewrap, 150pages, $48.00
- 9x7 in paperback, $14.50
- 4.25" x 6.875" (10.795cm x 17.463cm), 120 pages, $6.90.
- 8x10 in $6.55 250 pages max for color
- 6x8.25 in. 24# paper
- 8.5x11 in, hardcover laminate $21.43,
- 8.5x11 in, perfect $15.90
Open Source Workflows + Toolsetshttp://www.grassbook.org/neteler/highres_pdf.html
- Maturana, Varela, 1980, p. 78
- Maturana, Varela, 1980, p. 89