Working page to create a Ceramic Extruder head for the CreatorBot Pro II at YSU.
Our immediate goal is to build a functional clay extruder. This unit will then be used to retrofit the CreatorBot Pro as a ceramic printer, and ultimately integrate with a more experimental large-scale CNC devices. There are a number of published open-source designs for ceramic extruders (incomplete list below), both Direct Drive clay printers and liquid deposition modeling (LDM) slip printers.
By spring 2017, we would like to:
- Select, customize, and implement a design for a ceramic extruder head for 3d printing. (see references below)
- Retrofit the CreatorBot Pro cartesian platform and motor driver firmware with the ceramic print head. (We have support from Ben Kilar, the CreatorBot designer)
- Adapt the print head to open-format big-area manufacturing CNC platforms.
Lauerman Direct Clay Printer
- Tom Lauerman at Penn State SVA.
Stratum Networks Pneumatic Slip Printer
- instructables See Step 6 - Clay
JKeep Ceramic Delta Printer
- Make Your Own Ceramic Printer google group
- Build instructions 
- Printer parts on thingiverse.
- reprap page
- Wasp Extruder LDM Clay Kit 2.0.
- 3D Potter Firm Clay Printer, linear ram extruders
- Pneumatic Cartridge Mount for deltabot on thingiverse.
- List of clay printing technologies from Grant Diffendaffer.
- Unfold fab http://unfoldfab.blogspot.be/
- Slip Recipe
- Clay Recipe
- Buddy Rhodes Concrete Co. - http://www.buddyrhodes.com/concrete-materials/